Brent D. Bowen graduated with a B.A. in Political Science from Baylor University after playing football for two years at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. As a fourth generation attendee, he received his Juris Doctorate from Washburn University in May 2002. While at Washburn University Brent was a member and competed as an oralist in the Moot Court Competition held at Fordham Law school.
Brent is a well rounded and experienced attorney beginning his career practicing as a third year bar card attorney for Shawnee County District Attorney’s Office handling bench and jury trials. Brent has held past positions in the Johnson County Attorney’s Office as an Assistant County Attorney, Denton County District Attorney’s Office as an Assistant District Attorney, Jackson & Hagen as an associate attorney, Bowen & Lloyd, PLLC, as partner. In 2008, Brent started Bowen Law Group, PLLC where the firm handled criminal and family law. Brent transitioned the firm to exclusively criminal defense representing juveniles and adults in 2016.
Brent has been involved with numerous cases that received media attention. He has appeared on Channel 11 in the controversial Sanger ISD SEXTING case which was featured on Good Morning America. Brent has been quoted in the Texas Lawyer Magazine regarding discovery policies and has received media attention for a Pilot Point DWI case involving an assistant coach.
In recognition for his impeccable professionalism and service, Murray Media Group named him the Best Juvenile Attorney in Denton County in 2015, 2017, 2019 and the Best Criminal Defense Attorney in 2016, 2018. Brent had finished in the top 3 in each category every year.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crimes
- Texas, 2002
- Kansas, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2003
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas » J.D. – 2002 » Honors: Moot Court, 2001 – 2002
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas B.A. – 1999 Major: Political Science
- Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Sigma Nu
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Denton County Bar Association
- Texas District and County Attorney Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Denton Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, Treasurer, 2006 – Present
- Denton Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, President, 2007 – Present
- National College for DUI Defense, General Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Shawnee County District Attorney’s Office
- Johnson County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant County Attorney
- Denton County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2003 – 2004
- Jackson & Hagen, Associate Attorney, 2004 – 2006
- Bowen & Lloyd, PLLC, Partner