Property Crimes and Vandalism Defense
Property crimes and vandalism may seem like relatively minor crimes, but they can result in harsh penalties in Texas. If you are facing these types of charges, get the Law Office of Brent D. Bowen, PLLC. on your side. Our experienced Denton County property crime and vandalism defense attorney provides the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need to help avoid a conviction.
Get the Strong Legal Defense You Need Against Vandalism and Property Crime Charges in Denton County
Property crimes and vandalism are a common problem in Frisco, Lewisville, and other towns throughout Denton County. While often viewed as minor pranks, they infuriate property owners and can end up costing significant amounts of money in repairs. As a result, local police are aggressive in apprehending suspects and prosecutors take a tough stance in making charges stick.
At the Law Office of Brent D. Bowen, PLLC., we provide the strong legal defense you need when facing property crime and vandalism charges. Under the Texas Penal Code, even something as seemingly minor as spraying graffiti on an abandoned building, breaking a window, or taking lawn ornaments and other items from someone’s yard could result in harsh penalties. These include:
- For property crimes or vandalism resulting in between $100 and $750 worth of damages: A conviction could result in fines up to $2,000 and up to 180 days in jail;
- If damages are estimated between $750 and $2,500: A conviction could result in fines up to $4,000 and up to one year in jail;
- If damages are between $2,500 and $30,000: You could be facing fines up to $10,000 and up to two years in prison;
- For damages over $30,000: A conviction could result in a 20-year or longer prison sentence.
Get Our Denton Property Crime and Vandalism Defense Attorney on Your Side
At the Law Office of Brent D. Bowen, PLLC., we act as a strong legal advocate on the side of people facing charges related to property crimes and vandalism in the Denton County criminal courts. Our knowledge of the law and our years of experience representing clients in Frisco, Lewisville, and the surrounding areas helps to ensure the best possible outcome in your case. Actions our Denton County property crimes and vandalism attorney can take on your behalf include:
- Reviewing the circumstances surrounding your charges and arrest;
- Reviewing the evidence against you;
- Conducting our own investigations and gathering evidence in your defense;
- Negotiating with police and prosecutors to have your charges dropped or reduced;
- Appearing by your side and making strong legal arguments before the judge in your case;
- Arranging for pretrial intervention and other types of alternative sentencing to avoid jail time.
Request a Consultation with Our Denton County Property Crimes and Vandalism Attorney Today
At the Law Office of Brent D. Bowen, PLLC, we provide the strong legal defense you need to protect yourself against property crimes and vandalism charges, Serving Frisco, Lewisville, and the surrounding areas, contact our Denton property crime and vandalism attorney to request a case consultation today.